Lincoln offers a full-size luxury crossover customers a new choice with the new Lincoln MKT 2010, three rows Tours offers the best combination of fuel economy, performance, technology and space.
“We’re growing portfolio of products with Lincoln’s full-size crossover that offers more of everything that luxury buyers want today – including more diverse,” said Mark Fields, Ford president of America. Lincoln MKT will help us to gain momentum for Lincoln, who had defeated his rivals in the luxury and grow market share in recent months. ”
The all-new 2010 Lincoln MKT is greater than two lines of premium crossover Lincoln Mkx and secondary binding to the luxury and luxury sport sedan the Lincoln MKS starts at 2008 and the new Lincoln MKZ sedan, which happened on sale in the spring.
Standard on every Lincoln MKT is the signature design of the brand – complete with a split grille waterfall, a tilted gutter along the shoulder line of the vehicle, which flows cantrail that framed large greenhouse full horizontal taillamps that reach the smooth curved magnesium to save weight the rear door that adds visual character, while the protection of generous rear cargo space.
Lincoln MKT precision craftsmanship is reflected in the panel of world-class margins, and high-quality touch the surface and interior trim.
Inside, high-quality materials and craftsmanship became apparent precision stitched on all surfaces – from the leather trimmed seats and armrests floating through the second row center console, and gems such as acrylic instrument cluster with white LED light.
In addition, customers can choose the best way to determine the Lincoln MKT, which offers:
* Options regulars Vista ™ panoramic glass roof with power-assisted front and rear glasses – or the energy available panoramic roof VistaTM
* Any changes in six or seven passengers in two different configurations of the second row seats. A standard 60 / 40 split folding rear seat with outboard hot seat. Empowerment of times and fell “bucket seats, with heating, cooling and power lumbar adjustment is also available. A rear mounting bracket is available five-room fridge in the capacity of individuals to form a bucket seat
* Second row footrests and double headers are available for the Family Entertainment System with 7 inch dual screen DVD player that provides individual or simultaneous programs
* A litany of exterior paint colors, including silver bullion Clearcoat Metallic, Tuxedo Black Clearcoat Metallic, Red Metallic Tint Varnish Candy, Cinnamon Clearcoat Metallic, Steel Blue Metallic Clearcoat, Silver Clearcoat Metallic Leaf, Sterling Gray Clearcoat Metallic and White Platinum Tri-Coat
The balance of power and efficiency
Fuel efficiency standards are also Lincoln MKT – and customers have a choice of two powerful V-6 engine practical.
A 3.7-liter 24-valve variation of award-winning Duratec engine family is the standard. The delivery of the expected 268 horsepower at 6500 rpm and 267 ft.-lb. of torque at 4250 rpm, this engine has been tuned to provide strong acceleration and smooth power delivery.
Important techniques and the development over time has been invested in the 3.7-liter Duratec V-6 to provide best in class noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) control. Lincoln MKT is a benchmark for interior silence to allow normal conversation in the vehicle, through a composite index.
A fuel pump and an aggressive two-speed Fuel Shut-Off Deceleration (ADFSO), combined with optimized transmission and final drive gear is designed to allow the engine to get the economy segment leader Lincoln MKT fuel.
Further performance driving feel, the Lincoln MKT also offers a 3.5-liter twin-turbo EcoBoost V-6. This engine offers the power of the engine, normally aspirated V-8 with a V-6 fuel economy. This sophisticated engine offers class-leading 355 horsepower estimate at 5700 rpm, while the generation of 350 ft.-lb. of torque at 3500 rpm.
EcoBoost is Ford’s global strategy to provide customers want the power, combined with the fuel they need. The combination of gasoline direct injection, twin-turbo and small displacement engines, EcoBoost can match the largest output, naturally aspirated engine, while torque gain and fuel economy.
Pressure direct injection helps to eliminate “turbo lag” associated with turbocharged engines older. And even with the extra power, fuel is optimized for the compression ratio is higher, supported by the charged air cooling and control sophisticated punch.
Lincoln MKT equipped with six-speed automatic transmission SelectShift ®. This sophisticated gearbox offers the driver a choice between fully automatic operation and manual control.
In addition, paddle shifters are integrated into the wheel radius. Intuitive to use, shake well again convey upshift paddle, while the urge to one side or the shovel induce “coincidence” rev “slowed.
This ability makes Lincoln MKT sporty driving experience, but smooth. Unlike broadcast competition SelectShift not “second guess” the driver to change the cancellation. With SelectShift, manual control is manually controlled.
All wheel drive is optional on the Lincoln MKT to the standard 3.7-liter V-6. AWD option increases the ability of vehicles in different climatic conditions. Sophisticated all-wheel drive system is completely automated using an internal array of advanced electro-mechanical clutches to efficiently distribute torque between front and rear wheels if necessary. AWD standard on the Lincoln MKT with EcoBoost 3.5-liter V-6.
Quiet, safe motor
“The Lincoln MKT optimal balance between handling and driver involvement can, while providing a smooth quiet ride in all three rows,” said the chief engineer, Ron Heiser. “This is a luxury travel experience that combines with Class III quick tour and available traction, too.”
A key element of development and suspension tuning including Lincoln MKT Front minimize acceleration altitude, stable and attractive offers management and handling characteristics that give confidence to all drivers, all while providing quality luxury brands is consistent with the character of Lincoln.
A new rear suspension system features “by a” buffer zone relationship. The resulting linear response engineering team provides a solid basis for suspension adjustments, which allows the team to achieve a better balance between handling and responsive and smooth control. This also increases the isolation of the rear suspension and allows the use of 20-inch wheels.
Lincoln MKT offers a new level of calm confidence that offer the best in your control class NVH levels. Virtual wind tunnel model and test engineers to help optimize the vehicle, which affects everything from the side view mirror and placing a special sound-dampening insulation to the bulkhead for the disposal system and the inclusion of intense acoustic windshield and front glass double layer to reduce the special side-pillar a voice wind noise.
In 3.5 includes EcoBoost V-6 version, the engineers made additional efforts to minimize the induced noise, while the acceleration of the rhythm offers useful Lincoln MKT.
Lincoln MKT offers a lot of technology to create a life of luxury for the driver and three rows of passengers. A comprehensive approach is used to develop these services, in which ease of use and intuitive operation is the primary goal. Nowhere is this approach more clearly than with Active Park Assist.
Lincoln MKT with EcoBoost features Electronic power steering (EPAS), which allows the choice Active Park Assist. This unique technology uses an innovative system based ultrasound detection of Lincoln, as opposed to a video camera depends on competitive bidding, make hands-free parallel parking easier.
Park Assist actively working on the touch of a button, which requires less driver programming, reducing the risk of choosing incorrectly sized parking lot, edge detect nearby objects to calculate the trajectory is optimized and the “direction” Lincoln MKT, while driver training through a conventional throttle and braking inputs.
In addition to parking maneuvers completed quickly, Active Park Assist is also working uphill parking situation is not as competitive in the market system.
Lincoln MKT customers additional convenience features include:
* Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) allows the driver to set and maintain the speed of the vehicle while the radar monitors traffic in front of the Lincoln MKT. This optional system automatically adjusts the vehicle speed and braking to keep the gap to get behind the jam.
* Intelligent Access with Push Button Start allows the driver to enter the Lincoln MKT and start the engine without using a key. Entry easier than just drivers carry a special fob as they approach the car and started the engine with the push of a button.
* SecuriCode ™ keyless entry button allows access to the Lincoln MKT driver opened the door into the pre-series of five digits in the niche, backlit keyboard integrated into the B-pillar.
* The adaptive high-intensity lamp with a standard discharge (HID) lamps to improve visibility at night. Lincoln MKT sensor inputs and monitor wheel speed to start a movement to increase the field of lamp driver vision.
* Auto headlights with Adaptive headlights improve visibility at night with high-intensity changes when no other vehicle within range.
* Rain-sensing windshield wiper system uses optical sensors to measure rainfall and automatically activate and set the wipers.
* Fuel ™ Capless filler system Easyfuel with the car when refueling is complete.
* MyKey ™ allows parents or property owners affected to limit certain features of the Lincoln MKT, when in the hands of the driver’s MyKey. MyKey encourage use of seat belts, offering low fuel warning, which applies involving a driver assistance system and the bell preset rate while limiting the volume of the audio system and higher vehicle speeds.
* Blind Spot Information System (BLIS ™) comes into play when the turn signal switch. A radar sensor in the rear quarter panel monitor attached traditional blind spots and can alert the driver with a warning indicator light in the glass next to the appropriate display, if the sensors detect this system in the optional vehicle blind spots.
* Cross Traffic Alert BLIS uses sensors to help detect traffic when the rear parking lot. When the vehicle overturned and the two carriageways, a mirror of warning lights illuminate and the sound signal that can be heard.
* Spotter Mirrors add a secondary convex mirror panels assistant on the outside corner of the display side of the mirror, especially oriented to reflect the things that are often lost in the blind driver.
* Reverse Camera System, standard on the Lincoln MKT, use centerstack mount touch / navigation screen for the projection and active participation in the contrary.
* Lincoln Sync ™ comes standard on the Lincoln MKT. This award winning voice activated communications and entertainment system developed by Ford and Microsoft’s fully integrated Bluetooth ® mobile phones and digital media players into the vehicle.
SYNC including 911 Assist, which can notify the local 911 emergency operator should an air bag incident spread. SYNC Vehicle Health Report can maintain function notification handler scheduled maintenance, service intervals and the vehicle information system of health.
Lincoln MKT will offer two options audio technology. Standard is an AM / FM In-Dash Single units can CD/DVD/MP3 with 10 speakers, SIRIUS ® Satellite Radio with six month prepaid subscription, an additional input jack and USB port.
The available navigation package includes an internal hard drive, a map and points of interest storage, THX ® II 5.1 Surround audio system with 14 speakers addressed the strategic Premium Audio.
Neural Surround audio Lincoln MKT provides updates unique new technologies to improve the experience of surround sound digital music compression formats. In addition, Sirius Travel Link ™ prepaid subscription is included with the navigation package coast to coast providing meteorological data, forecasts, fuel prices, sports scores, movies and more.
The available navigation package also allows the driver to display personal photos centerstack mounted touch screen. The system can store and display up to 32 frames, size of 1.5 MB or less. The home screen can be adjusted on the screen or want information or photos in one, tow or three views of the panel.
Both systems have an internal hard drive Jukebox to store up to 150 hours of recorded audio entertainment. Users can browse through the jukebox touch screen or voice control. Gracenote ® technology displays the cover of the CD when a selected track is playing.
Technology under the skin
“The new Lincoln MKT unites attractive package features active and passive safety who work to help protect passengers,” said Stephen Cossacks, safety chief engineer.
Lincoln MKT has a new technology for helping to make driving safer.
Collision warning with brake assist, triggered by the adaptive cruise control, giving the driver a “face to face lit the screen on the windshield when the system detects traffic moving slowly in front. If the driver does not respond, then the front brake system for vehicles preparing more aggressive stop.
Lincoln MKT also has a sophisticated security system that combines structural octagonal front rails, tunnel rails and support members designed to absorb and direct impact forces away from the cabin.
Lincoln MKT also have the protection and improvement Cabin (SPACE) architecture is built to optimize the protection of the occupants from the impact.
SPACE tube systems that integrate high-strength hydroformed steel embedded in the floor that runs the width of the vehicle B pillar to the B-pillar and along the rocker panels to form a safety cage to help protect passengers in side impact incidents.
Lincoln MKT also offer Ford’s Personal Safety System, which combines several technologies to adapt the package airbags and seat belts work for individual travelers and accident conditions. This system can identify the variables, such as crash severity, passenger weight and seat belt use to customize the bag to deploy air power.
Lincoln MKT additional security technologies include:
* Safety Canopy ™ is exclusive to Ford in the impact protection system employing side airbags side curtain airbags to protect front and rear passenger boat on either side of the rollovers and crash impact.
* Beltminder reminder ® technology for driver and front passenger, continued acceptance after the first sign of a seat belt stops ringing.
* SOS Post-Crash Alert System Flash automatically adjusts the signal lights and horns after the deployment of air bags or seat belt pretensioners activation.